October 18, 2013: Windows 8.1 is significantly different from Windows 8, the subject of my book. I recommend you look for an 8.1 book.
March 28, 2013: Please read Windows 8 App Updates for Readers before updating your Windows 8 apps.
Windows 8 For Seniors For Dummies will available from Amazon and bookstores by October, 2012.
Regardless of the reader’s age, this book features step-by-step instructions with illustrations to guide you through specific tasks, such as start a program, sending email, and viewing photos on your computer.
If you wonder whether this book is for you or someone you know, read What makes a book “For Seniors”?. Then peruse the Amazon reviews.
See the latest blog entries related to Windows 8, including the following:
- OneNote Blog – A BIG OneNote update for Windows note-taking devices
- Getting help and support with Windows 8.1
- NextMatters teams up to make Nextgen Reader free for 24 hours
- Windows 8.1 is great for touch, mouse, and keyboard
- Don’t buy Windows 8 for Seniors for Dummies
- Problems accessing the Windows 8.1 update from Windows Store?
- Update to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8
- A list of new features in Windows 8.1
- Upgrading to the new Windows 8.1
- Touch: swipe, tap, and beyond – Microsoft Windows Help