January 1, 2014: Windows 8.1 is significantly different from Windows 8, the subject of my original book, which has become outdated by 8.1. Windows 8.1 For Seniors For Dummies is the updated edition. Note that Peter Weverka wrote the updated portions of that book, starting with my Windows 8 book. I have not seen the updated book and cannot comment on the updated portions. However, I will answer questions that I can.
March 28, 2013: Please read Windows 8 App Updates for Readers before updating your Windows 8 apps.
Windows 8 For Seniors For Dummies will available from Amazon and bookstores by October, 2012.
Regardless of the reader’s age, this book features step-by-step instructions with illustrations to guide you through specific tasks, such as start a program, sending email, and viewing photos on your computer.
If you wonder whether this book is for you or someone you know, read What makes a book “For Seniors”?. Then peruse the Amazon reviews.
See the latest blog entries related to Windows 8, including the following:
- Email from a reader
- Smart, Versatile Surface Pro 3 Can Do It All — Maybe Even Lift the Windows 8 Curse
- Getting started tutorials for Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Download Free Windows 8.1 Update Power User Guide for Business from Official Microsoft Download Center
- 8 Things You Need to Know About Windows 8.1 Update | PCMag.com
- Windows 8.1 Update – What to expect on April 8th
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 Preview: Hands-on from Paul Thurrott’s SuperSite for Windows
- Better Windows 8.1 Tablets – Windows Enterprise Desktop
- Just got a Windows 8 PC? Here’s how you can update to Windows 8.1
- Themes in Microsoft Windows