I have worked as a technical editor (TE) for Wiley Publishing since 2005. The TE confirms that step-by-step instructions work as written, as well as confirming other technical matters. I also suggest additional material or ask the author questions I think any reader might have. Years in the classroom have helped prepare me for this.
Along with several special projects, I have tech-edited these books:
- Facebook and Twitter For Seniors For Dummies by Marsha Collier (2010)
- Dreamweaver CS4 For Dummies, by Janine C. Warner (2008)
- Do-It-Yourself Web Sites For Dummies, by Janine C. Warner (2008)
- Laptops For Dummies, by Dan Gookin (Mister “For Dummies”) (2008)
- Windows Home Server, by Rick Hallihan (2007)
- Creating Web Pages For Dummies, by Bud E. Smith and Arthur Bebak (2007)
- PC Magazine Windows XP Solutions, by Neil Randall (2006)
- PC Magazine Fighting Spyware, Viruses, and Malware, by Ed Tittel (2005)
I have also written 6 books for Wiley since 2007.